About Me

My photo
(Writing = Therapeutic) (Music = My Soul Mate) Read, enjoy, think.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Rehabilation Center: Life Changing ???

"I love you Iris", "I love you too,, oh Maddie you're getting so big". What the hell ?? It hit me, I got teary eyed. Why do you remember me? Yes,, she said you're getting big, I don't care how she was saying that. But I was glad she recognized me. Her eyes gleamed when she saw Ted. I have never seen Ted be like that ... "There's my Darren". His smile .. Haven't seen that smile in awhile ! Darren got choked up too. That small room was filled with mixed emotions. Here is my little trip into the Rehabiltation Center:
Timid, afraid .. Wondering if my prayer would be answered
Opening the car door, looking down at the yellow line
Afraid that she might look scary and sick
Got up to the doors and pressing the code to get in
Saw this old man in a wheelchair, just staring at me wondering who I was, waiting
We walked right in after Merilyn made sure she was in there
Laying helpless in a bed, worn out, something came over her
A shock went through me, on the T.V.: black and white movie going
Hugged her and gave her a kiss, hugged me back said you're growing up
I smiled, my eyes started to leak
Kept fussing with her cords, but talked
We said our goodbyes, Shit I'm going to miss her
Same old man in wheelchair
Pressed code, walked on the yellow line
Got in car and left
My knowlege of getting better and appreciating what life I had kinda came and attacked me. I don't want to be angry, sad, and sorry anymore. I'm going to help others get strong and better too. I love this lady alot. What she has done for others is a true example,, I AM going to be like her and one day people are going to come and visit me, maybe even swipe off the drool on my chin.

4 comments:

  1. i will come swipe the drool off your chin, as long as you come to wipe my butt,
    beside that, this is beautiful maddie, i get teary eyed just reading it,
    im soo happy i cant even begin to express it, i am excited as if i were you being recognized by someone you love so much ! and im not you , im me, i love it maddie, its beautiful
    you have such a beautiful way with words, and emotions, and you already do help people and inspire them, its alright to be sad sometimes but girl you got more of an uplifting soul than a million people put together,
    i love you
    -Tay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Taylor the joy you bring to me .. really ha :] I'll wipe your butt anyday haha well only if you couldn't :] I love you so much. Maybe too much ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can never love a person too much [: unless it gets to stalking and then killing me and wearing my skin,,, cuz thats what becca would doo hahah, im scared! lol but i love you tonnnnnnns [:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my I think I might have nightmares .. well if I can fall asleep :] Love you night night ..

    ReplyDelete